Who Knew -by David Hoffman is a little book filled with fun facts about food, entertainment, pop culture and celebrities. Here are just a few examples:
- “Marilyn Monroe developed her signature walk by hacking off the heel of one shoe.”
- “The punk rock group the Ramones got their name from Paul Ramon, an early stage name used by Paul McCartney- and the pseudonym under which he would often check into hotels during the heyday of the Beatles.”
- “People who work at Disneyland are never referred to as employees; rather they are called ‘cast members’. Cast members who work on It’s a Small World refer to it as ‘the asylum’, on the theory that’s where they’ll end up as a result of repeated (over)exposure to the song.
- “One side of the couch that was in the Ricardos’ living room on I Love Lucy was constructed with three inches of additional padding, so Desi Arnaz, when seated would look taller than he actually was.”
- “One hundred shares of McDonald’s stock purchased for $2,250 when first offered in 1965 has grown to 74,360 shares worth approximately $7 million.”
Who Knew is a great stocking-stuffer or small Hanukkah gift. Who says facts can’t be fun?