- The Cincinnati curse killed Phil. Remember that after the C-word was mentioned, the roadies only smashed 10 eggs instead of 11. Of course, the problem with that theory is that Phil was not with the group on that trip. It would make more sense if Gooch or Bill died as a result of the curse. It would make the most sense if Reg died since he was the one who actually mentioned Cincinnati.
- The Taylor Swift Concert in Space killed Phil. He was really old for that kind of trip and he mentioned how he could not take a dump in space. Was that a crude hint that he was actually developing major medical problems?
- Taylor Swift herself had Phil Killed. After all, Phil dead leave the Taylor Swift tour to rejoin Staton-House. Taylor Swift is known for getting very angry at anyone leaving her tour. Last year she was furious when some of her back up dancers were stolen by Katy Perry . Of course, it is much more likely that Taylor would simply write a best selling song trashing Phil and make millions from the sales.
- Protestors of the rubber company (Funco) poisoned Phil. The protestors were angry for 2 reasons. The first is that Funco had moved from rubber toys into police military bullets. The second is that Phil was working a corporate Gig. Phil was supposed to be the last of the old-time roadies who would never sell out and do a corporate gig. Yet here he was.
- Phil’s wife slipped slow acting poison into his food. She had the chance when he came home between his Taylor Swift space gig, and rejoining the Staton-House tour. She had years of pent-up anger at being left behind while Phil enjoyed the Gypsy life on the road.
- Bill Killed Phil. Let’s face it, there is no person on the planet who is actually as laid back as Bill. He resented the way everyone always treated him as second best compared to Phil. In fact, portions of whole episodes have been devoted to how Bill was not as good as Phil. It is the quiet people who always snap and become the mass murders.
Fans of Phil just don’t want to accept that the Roadie life itself is what killed Phil. A lifetime of long hours, fast food, and heavy alcohol consumption finally took its toll on the White Buffalo.
But who knows, if there is a Season 2 of Roadies, maybe we have not seen the last of Phil. After all; the writers were already willing to have Phil stuffed and mounted for the season finale. Bringing him back as a ghost seems like the next logical step.